I am linking up with Melissa at Growing Up Geeky for this week's Toddle Along Tuesday. The topic is a letter to my pre baby self, so here goes nothing!
Here are the things that I don't want you to remember to never do:
- have regret. You did not wait to long to have P. J and you enjoyed a great 10 years with just the two of you. Time did not impact your ability to get pregnant - that was the plan all along.
- feel judged. You will make the best decisions for you, J, and P. The only two people that matter in every choice you make are J and P. PS - you are doing a great job!
- be afraid to ask for help (from anyone). Having a family, job, and life is hard. Friends and family are there for you - use them!
- don't thing about your body like it is something for everyone else. It is for you. You do not need to look a certain way by a certain time. Take care of it, but enjoy yourself. Things won't be where they used to (or the size they used to) but that is you. Be proud!
Here are the things that I do want you to do (a lot of):
- have fun! Soak in every minute, every stage. P will grow soooo fast. Don't blink!
- TAKE PICTURES! You will think back and want them. You will think it will be for her (which hopefully someday they will) but they are for you now. Don't shy away from the camera - be there with her!
- play every day. The laundry will wait, the dishes will be fine. Enjoy your little girl!
- love J. Nurture your relationship. It is the one that matters because without both of you happy, she will not be. Also, you are modeling what she needs later in life.
- keep your hobbies and interests and help J do the same. It is too easy to get lost in the shuffle of a family. Don't do it!
- enjoy some quiet time. It's okay!
You have a great life. Enjoy it!