Friday, June 1, 2012

Almost!

While I love my job, teaching starts to wear on every teacher towards the end of the year. The students get squirrelly, parents start freaking about grades, the weather gets nice, and deadlines for work come up. The day before exams is always the worst at the high school level. Other than reviewing, and begging for extra credit, the students don't want to sit or do much of anything.

Final exams and I have a love hate relationship. As much as I don't want one test to define a student's progress. This test does give me an assessment of my own teaching from trimester to trimester and bell to bell.

We have 2 more days (of exams) and then our work day. This next week will be a little crazy with the end of school comes a few fun get togethers (Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons) and a ton of clean up in my classroom. And te garage sale and dealing with J's car. I will post more about both later.

But for now, I just wait for our administrators to play...

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait! It can't come fast enough. Our finals are over, but we still have a workday and I am going in a couple days next week to finish my move from the basement to the 2nd floor...quite a process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks tat you have to move yourself but it will be nice to be out of the basement!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous that you're about to have a summer off :) I'm a daycare teacher, so I'm there all year lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We working moms need you to do what we do so tank you!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!
Tell all your friends, after you talk to me! :)