Friday, March 30, 2012

My confession

I am wrapping up my spring break. This is one of the great perks of teaching - scheduled time off with P! This is also the kind of time that proves to me that I am so happy to not be a SAHM.

Let me say a few things first - to those that can, want, or need to stay home, this is not in any judgement of you. To those who want but cannot/do not stay home, this is not meant to offend.

I know that the grass typically is greener on the other side but I am lucky enough to have a taste of both, and I like having my time away. There are pros and cons for sure but here is what works for me:

1. I have spent more money this week on food (eating out) than I have in the past three months. I like to get together with friends and coffee, lunch, etc seems easy but it gets expensive. I will say that as of this summer, I will be less likely to do thus since taking P is such a production. Maybe we can meet at the park or go for a walk.

2. I had a list of things around the house that I intended on getting done (kitchen organizing, cleaning out my closet, knitting, napping), and very little of it got done. I feel more motivated when I am on a schedule and don't ave so many random things going on.

3. I think that I need to learn how to teach P more. This seems ironic to me since I am a teacher but I don't know how to start this small. Any good development books?

4. I really do love my job. The schedule, my coworkers, even the students. I could do without the grading (of which I have some to do) but I am lucky to be doing what I love.

I will enjoy this weekend since J will e home with us too. And I will begin the countdown to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Tell all your friends, after you talk to me! :)