Thursday, March 15, 2012

11 things

I've been tagged by Mrs. Monica over at Running Though Parenthood in Heels to complete this 11 things questionnaire that has been passed around the blog-o-sphere lately. I love the tag as I consider myself a newbie in the blogging world but want to get out there more! She and I connected as we struggled through IF together and eventually met up IRL. I am proud to call her my friend and I love hearing about her life and kiddos!

Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules
2. Post a photo of yourself & 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter/facebook and tell them that you've tagged them.

I have shown myself a little in this blog - more of P, so here goes:

So I couldn't get away from her too!


11 Random Facts:
1. I am terrified of needles, spiders, and snakes. Needles almost prevented us from having kids. Seriously. If I heard one more nurse ask what I would do if I ever had kids, it may have been the end.
2. I wish I had a cleaning lady but I know that I would clean up for her.
3. I am obsessed with finding patterns in numbers. P was born via planned c-section and her birth date was intentional due to the prime numbers. It has nothing to do with St Patrick's day. I did think about how I felt about the date the 3 false alarm trips we made to the hospital!
4. I cannot go to bed with a messy kitchen.
5. J and I don't like to vacation for longer than about 5 days. We even thought about moving out flight to come home from our honeymoon early!
6. I love football but I only know a few positions.
7. I have a fake front tooth.
8. I love organizing things but I am a huge procrastinator.
9. I am addicted to silly games on my IPad.
10. I wish I had a better fashion sense. I rare,y bring myself to buy clothes or shoes because I am afraid thy won't look good.
11. I am dreading this warm weather because I cannot stand to wear shorts but I sweat like a man (thanks Dad).


Questions from Mrs. Monica:
1. What's your favorite form of exercise?
Either walking or hot yoga. Walking is a great time fr me to clear my wad and make tough decisions. Hit yoga rocks but I am too cheap and busy to do it as much as I would love!

2. If you could change your career, what is your dream job?
I am one of the lucky ones who s doing her dream job. I also work with great people. I honestly wouldn't change a thing!

3. Do you have a favorite drink at Starbucks?
Can I name more than one? I love their green tea, vanilla lattes, gingerbread lattes, pumpkin spice lattes, and hit chocolate. I am slightly obsessed!

4. What is one piece of advice you want to give other women before they have kids?
Don't rush. I am overjoyed that J and I shared almost 10 years of marriage childless. I love him even more now that he is a father but I am glad that we waited. Ironically I would also add - don't listen to anyone but your spouse. You will know what is best or your LO and your family.

5. Are you on birth control? What form? Why or why not?
Not currently but I will be back on the pill soon and looking forward to getting Essure. I am not on the pill as I am BF. The mini pill, that can cause "break through" bleeding made me bleed all the time (sorry for the tmi). We are doing the Essure because it is permanent and effective. Our family is complete so I am ready for it.

6. Kindle, Nook, Ipad, paper book or another option?
I don't read much but I have read more on my iPad in te past 9 months than in the 9 years prior.

7. Do you buy organic? If you do, what products? If you don't, why not?
I try but not as much as I would like. Almost everything for P is organic and I buy organic for the dirty dozen in produce.

8. Who is your movie star crush now? Who was it when you were growing up?
Now - George Clooney. I <3 him - he is yummy! In middle school, I was more into music personalities like NKOTB. Jon was my dream BF.

9. Toilet paper roll, from the top or the bottom?
Top. It is the only correct way!

10. Why did you start blogging? Does it serve the same purpose now?
I wanted to diary my feelings, P's life, and how the 2 go together. I think it s going okay. I am getting into a routine with it so I think that it is!

11. I could not live without ________ because ______.
J. He is my everything. I think I have been lucky, blessed, and worked hard for much of what I have. He is the best thing that happened to me and I work to keep our love as an example for P every day. I hope that we can look back and know that any day was not as good as the one before. He is my best friend, love, partner, and P's dad a little girl could ask for!

My questions for you:
1. Describe your perfect weekend day/night.
2. Pants or a skirt?
3. Painted nails - do you keep them up?
4. Describe the person who has influenced your work life the most.
5. Would you rather have 100% chance of winning one million dollars or a 50/50 chance of winning a billion?
6. Tell me about your favorite meal.
7. What food do you hate?
8. How do you take your coffee?
9. Ice cream - in a cup, cake cone, or sugar cone?
10. What is your favorite feature of yourself?
11. If you could change your name, would you and explain why or why not.

Here are my tags:
Heather at Our girls keep us moving
Luisa at It must be (so) ... Liberating
Tayshelton at Growing baby shelton
Amber at Born in a barn



Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. definitely the top! When I'm at a house that has it fed from the bottom, I change it! ;) Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! I so rarely get time to get on my laptop that I am majorly slacking on keeping up with other blogs, in addition to my own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!
Tell all your friends, after you talk to me! :)