Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Surgery

I am going under the knife this week.  It's not that big of a deal but I am definitely ready.

If you are not up for knowing more about me than you ever wanted to know, please come back another day.  If you are a mom, like knowing TMI, or are curious now, read on.

After P was born, I endured a LONG lochia.  Like, at my 8 week appointment, it was still going.  Lochia is the nice for word for your period after not have one for 9 months.  After starting and stopping the mini pill to "help," (which it didn't) luck was on my side.  I was AF-less for about 6 months.  Yeah!

Then she returned.  And apparently, she did not like it either.  My periods were heavy and long (read 10ish days).  I talked to my OBGYN and they suggested regular BCP once I finished BF.  So I did and 6 months later at my annual, the only improvement was they were down to 7 days but still heavy.  I luckily wasn't anemic, didn't have fibroids, or any other issues.  My options were trying an IUD or ablation.  Ablation is only an option if you are finished with kids.  We are.

Not that I haven't already over shared but I will save you the details of ablation.  You can read more here.  I opted for this because we are done and I don't want to have to revisit this issue in 5 years.

My ablation is this Thursday.  It is under general anesthesia, but is quick.  I am ready.  I may be sore for a few days but FX it will be worth it.  If you can think of me on Thursday, I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Tell all your friends, after you talk to me! :)