Friday, November 30, 2012

My Black Friday

Black Friday is a tradition in my family. We are not the push and fight for what we want. It's more how much can we get done in the crazy hours that we can shop. It's fun, bizarre, and tiring but I have always been very successful in getting most of my shopping done that day.

This year was proving to be a challenge. I was very nervous about being up late or very early (needless to say very little sleep) and having P all day Friday on my own. I was also irritated that the stores were opening so early on Thursday.

First - to anyone who works retail. I'm sorry that this thing that is Black Friday has encroached so heavily on your holiday. If I am allowed to shop at 9:00, then you have to be there plenty before that. I wish we could go back to the early Friday sales but that's for another post.

My mom and sister decided to conquer Walmart first. They were headed out at 7:00 for the 8:00 opening. There wasn't anything I really wanted there (and we hosted thanksgiving for J's family) so I decided to meet up with them at Target by 9:00.

I was out the door shortly after 8 and got in line, wrapped around the side of the store and waited. Target did a great job organizing the line, having info on where everything would be, and people to answer questions a head of opening.

Sadly I didn't really need anything so I was on the hunt for my family. They were able to get everything they really wanted - no shoving involved. I left without buying anything. Mom and sisters were off to the mall and I went home to bed. A little sad.

In the morning P and I ventured out to meet up with my mom and sister. I got almost all my shopping done (save gift cards) done. Yeah!  Other than shopping during normal hours - another total success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Tell all your friends, after you talk to me! :)