Friday, November 16, 2012

I love this season!

I <3 and="and" but="but" come="come" cook="cook" eat="eat" exhaustion="exhaustion" family="family" fun="fun" gifts="gifts" give="give" have="have" holidays="holidays" i="i" is="is" it.="it." it="it" lights="lights" love="love" p="p" relax="relax" see="see" share="share" shop="shop" soooo="soooo" that="that" the="the" to="to" with="with" worth="worth">
I have three big favorites of the holidays. Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas (eve and day - they count as one for me).

Thanksgiving is fun because Jeff and I started hosting for his family a few years back. I really love to cook and host so this is perfect. He has two sisters and they have kids but the crowd isn't too big. Everyone brings the sides, we do the turkey, stuffing, and dessert. Then we eat, watch football, and enjoy each other.

 

Meanwhile, I am also planning for the next best day. BLACK FRIDAY!!! I am cheap reasonable when I shop. I buy most things on sale or get a deal of some sort. Black Friday is nothing that we get freaky about. No pushing or shoving here. We do go out either VERY early (i.e. 2:30am) or start late, as Walmart has been pushing.
 
PS - Walmart - I do not like this AT ALL!!!

This has been a tradition for my sisters, mom, and I for YEARS. We love it. It will be rough this year with a 20 month old to take care of on Friday but I will pull through!  I am also learning to love Cyber Monday too.

Keep in mind that the Saturday after Thanksgiving is for small businesses.  Shop local as you can - support your small businesses.  I have gotten some of the best presents EVER there!

Finally, Christmas is the time that all my shopping is brought to justice. I love to find the perfect gift for everyone on our list. I really enjoy giving gifts and seeing the look on the person's face when they see that I have been paying attention. I feel good!
 
I would love to do more for families in need and we do what we can, but I would love to do more. I plan to take P to soup kitchens and volunteer as much as possible when she is old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Tell all your friends, after you talk to me! :)