Thursday, June 27, 2013

STEM stuff

So my summer began in a classroom.  I spent a day and a half right after my work day in an assessment workshop.  Then I started a two week STEM institute.

Engineering


In case you didn't know, STEM stands for Science Technology Engineering and Math.  It is a movement to help incorporate those ideas into our teaching more to help motivate students to enter careers in those fields.

As with most workshops some of if was not the best but I did get LOTS of work time with some of my closest colleagues and we were able to plan 3 good lessons and we have about 3-4 others that we might be able to use. 

I am glad that I was able to work on some plans and learn more about how to help make connections for my students.  I will also get to job shadow next summer to help develop another set of lessons with STEM in mind.

What have you done recently to inspire your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Tell all your friends, after you talk to me! :)